Child pages
  • Accessibility WG Teleconference Minutes for Wednesday April 12, 2017
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attending:

  • Matt Clare BrockU, 
  • Neal Caidin Apereo, 
  • Ron and others ISU, 
  • NYU crew, 
  • Tiffany Stull UVa
  • Sanghyun(Pomona)

Agenda:
    
Sakai releases 
New Schedule
Q2 2017 - Cut Branch (After Open Apereo June)
Q3 2017 - Release 12.0 (Late September)
Q4 2017 - 12.1 (November before Thanksgiving)
Q1 2018 - 12.2 (February/March after Sakai Camp)
Rationale
* We have not cut the branch yet due to a number of reasons. There is no realistic way to adhere to our original target dates. (happy to provide details of why the branch has not been cut, upon request. "on list" is fine. Just trying to keep this email from getting TL;DR).
Benefits of new Schedule
  • More high-demand features are likely to get into Sakai 12 including Rubrics, NYU skin improvements, Morpheus (mobile) improvements, Accessibility (Ra11y plan) Improvements,  Tagging and perhaps other features as well.
  • An experiment to see if this is a better rhythm for a regular and predictable release timeframe that may make it easier for summer (Northern Hemisphere; aka May/June/July) adoptions. 
Sakai 11 branch
  • Sakai 11.4 planned for pre-Open Apereo release
  • Likely some feature backports from 12, if not in 11.4 then in an 11.5 release. 
  • Samigo Extended Delivery feature is in 12, but has not been tested thoroughly enough yet, and is not easy to backport to 11. Seems likely to be backported but timing may mean that it does not make 11.4 . 
  • Turnitin integration plans have not changed to my knowledge, since last update. Western continues to work on the LTI integration for their local Sakai 11 upgrade this summer, then will focus on porting to Sakai master.  More details upon request.
Is there anything that we feel urgently needs to get into 11.4 relase?
 -NYU's team looking , will bring in TPG if needed
 - Matt C to try to replicate with static HTML
We're making progress on remediating issues from the first review.  More than 2/3 of the issues are resolved in some way.
We have a slight-less-than $12,000 estimate from SSB to do a follow-up review and issue a compliance statement, presumably with a higher compliance rating than the previous one.  We're about $5,000 towards that goal (thanks to past contributors, and recently Pepperdine) through the Apereo FARM project http://farm.apereo.org/home/current-projects/in-progress/sakai-ra11y
Remaining Issues 
Ensure simulated controls are keyboard accessible
Unassigned        22-Feb-2017        AWAITING REVIEW        
Ensure ARIA roles, states, and properties are valid - Assignments
Unassigned        13-Oct-2016        AWAITING REVIEW        
Avoid inappropriate use of ARIA roles, states, and properties - Resources
Matt Clare        05-Oct-2016        AWAITING REVIEW        
Ensure custom controls provide proper textual roles and descriptions - Details expansion - Resources/Content
Unassigned        18-Jan-2017        AWAITING REVIEW        
SAM-3131        
SAM-2217 Add hidden text meaning for blank and numeric questions
Sam Ottenhoff        03-Apr-2017        AWAITING REVIEW        Actions
Ensure simulated controls are keyboard accessible - Morpheus
Unassigned        05-Apr-2017        AWAITING REVIEW        
Ensure custom controls provide proper textual roles and descriptions - Create Folder Details - Resources/Content
Unassigned        04-Apr-2017        AWAITING REVIEW        
Ensure keyboard focus is indicated visually
Shawn Foster        13-Feb-2017        OPEN        
Ensure simulated controls are keyboard accessible
Matthew Jones        22-Feb-2017        OPEN        
Ensure that keyboard focus remains within modal simulated dialogs
Matthew Jones        31-Jan-2017        OPEN        
Ensure keyboard focus is not provided to inactive elements
Unassigned        19-Dec-2016        OPEN        
Form field labeling is missing in many areas
SAMIGO TEAM        12-Oct-2016        OPEN
NYU, Paciello Group Session On Keyboard Accessibility April 19th at 4pm Eastern, Big Blue Button Room 2
Agenda to be:
  • Introduce TPG and their expertise  (5 min)
  • Explain the use of keyboard nav from a user and developer perspective  (25 min)
  • Questions  (15 min)
  • Apply to an actual JIRA(s)  (15 min) 
Matt C. to add to and send on to Neal and on from there...
Update from Illinois State University
 
  • No labels