- Joe Humbert
- Neal Caidin (in absentia)
Release Team Meeting
- 2.9.1 will be released within the next week
- 2.9.2 planning will begin a week following the release
- All of the accessibility issues marked for 2.9.1 have been fixed and merged.
Sakai 2.9 Accessibility Review
- No new updates
Any Other Business
Sakaiger's Den at EuroSakai
- What is Sakaiger's Den
This 1 hour session is modelled after the popular Britisch TV show “Dragons’ Den” in which entrepreneurs pitch their business idea in order to secure investment finance from a panel of venture capitalists.
The main purpose of this session is to share a large number of tool ideas for the next version of Sakai with a broad audience in a short amount of time.
This could stimulate parties interested in similar projects to collaborate and work together to implement their ideas.
- Very brief summary of Sakaiger's Den is here: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/EUROSAKAI/Euro+Sakai+2013+-+Sakaigers%27+Den
Massively Open Online Course (MOOC) won by a landslide. Accessibility improvements came out in the middle of the pack.
A MOOC technical team appears to be forming and they recognize that performance/scalibility and accessibility are required for this effort.
We should at least monitor this effort and if it appears to take off then we might find opportunities to help and drive accessibility improvements back into the core tool.
In fact, I think the hope/plan is that Mooc improvements will come back into the Core tool as part of the process, and not be a separate project.
- More information on Sakai MOOC working group: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WGMOOC/WG%3AMOOCS+Home
However, I got interest in the accessibility working group expressed specifically to me by NYU and Samoo.
Next Meeting February 21, 2013