- Joe Humbert
- Neal Caidin
- Scott Williams
- Mary Stores
2.9 Accessibility Help Documentation Drafted by Jane and Gonzalo
- Scott and Walt took a look at the draft of the help documentation, although Walt took a look at an older version.
- Walt thought that the document should not be any longer than it is.
- One thing Joe noticed is that there could be more information on accessibility tips for specific tools.
- Mary indicated that if there is to be tool specific help, there should be separate pages for each specific tool linked from the main documentation.
Release Team Meeting
- All of the 2.9.1 security issues and bugs have been resolved. One final test fest
- The goal is to finalize next week.
- All of the accessibility issues marked for 2.9.1 have been fixed and merged.
Sakai 2.9 Accessibility Review
- The accessibility test server maintained at IU had to be taken down do to JAVA vulnerability issues.
- Joe is working on finding an alternative test server.
- After test server issue is addressed, testing should continue. The server issue should be resolved by next the meeting.
- When testing, focus on tools that have not been reviewed at all or for a long time.
News Regarding Modal Dialog Warning Accessibility Issue
- New comments have been added to the modal dialogue warning Jira issue.
- Joe proposed two solutions:
- Change which element is being targeted using ARIA labeledby attribute
- Place hidden content in the currently targeted element containing the same the information in dialogue body.
- At first a lot of people liked the second idea. But it seems from the most recent meeting is that the idea is no longer as popular.
Ongoing Accessibility Testing
- Scott, Walt, and another user have been testing Sakai. No major issues have been found.
- Expect email for times in mid to late Feb. for Tests and quizzes tool.
Any Other Business
Group Promotion and Leadership
- Neal has heard back from the security contacts.
- He will send out the List to Joe and we will discuss how to reach out for new members at the next teleconference.
Next Meeting February 7, 2013